It’s the most Wonderful time of the year!
Join me, won’t you, in celebrating that fuzziest of holiday movies, It’s a Wonderful Life. I will give the answers in a later post. For now: Guess in the comments – and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
It’s a Wonderful Life Trivia (Pretty difficult.)
- When a guy taunts the young man to open the pool beneath the gym floor, he says, “What’s the matter, ___________, jealous? (Fill in the blank. It is a joke, but it also happens to be the character’s last name.)
- The actor who played the young man in the above question was way more famous for another role. What was that role?
- When young Mary says “You like all the boys,” how does young Violet respond?
- What is Sam Wainwright’s catchphrase?
- Young George Bailey’s druggist boss almost poisons some children by accident. What disease do they have?
- Uncle Billy is drunk after the party celebrating Harry Bailey’s marriage. The true story is that after Thomas Mitchell (the actor playing Uncle Billy) exited his scene with Jimmy Stewart, a set hand accidently knocked over a whole props table, making a huge clamor. Mitchell improvised a line from off camera, and the whole thing stayed in the movie. What is that line?
- Uncle Billy has some unusual pets. Name three of them.
- When Mary Hatch asks George whether or not he likes Harry’s new wife Ruth, a grumpy George replies “Of course I like her, she’s a ________!”
- George steals a football uniform for himself after he falls in the pool. What number is on the jersey?
- What is Mary Hatch’s brother’s name?
- When Mary loses her robe, what kind of bush does she hide in?
- What is Clarence the Angel’s favorite book?
- What does George’s dad die of?
- After his experience with Clarence, what three things indicate that George Bailey is back in the real world?
- What two Muppets are named after characters from the movie?
- Mary makes a picture that says “George Bailey Lassos the Moon.” In the course of the movie, what else does she say he lassos?
- What is George’s dream job?
- After Nick kicks George and Clarence out of his bar, he rings his cash register repeatedly, and says what? (6 words)
- What award does Harry Bailey receive?
- What is the name of the Bailey’s housekeeper?
- After the run on the banks, how much of George and Mary’s money is left?
- Potter offers George Bailey a yearly income so large it makes George drop his cigar. What is the amount?
- When George comes home in despair after Uncle Billy loses the $8000, his daughter is playing the same carol over and over again on the piano. What is it?
- George and Mary’s son is writing a Christmas pageant. What decidedly non-Christmasy character has a part in his play?
- What is the name of Zuzu’s teacher whom George abuses over the phone?
- According to one of the head angels, Clarence has the IQ of what?
- What is the name of the house George and Mary move into?
- (Two parts) Who discovered a mostly-unknown Gloria Grahame, the actress who played Violet Biggs? What major musical role did she go on to play?
- Frank Capra had to fight the censors, because the ending of the film wasn’t up to code. What didn’t he do to one of his characters that was against the rules? (And which character?)
- Name 2 of the 3 buildings George says “merry Christmas” to at the end of the film.